Tuesday, May 3, 2011

fine art h2t!

I was just introduced to the shoe designer, Andreia Chaves. Her designs are totally insane, and look like she's the creative love child of Alexander McQueen and Buckminster Fuller.







Then in a wake of the royal wedding everyone is buzzing about the Philip Treacy hats.

I first was introduced to his genius when he was on Project Runway last season.


(on the left)
So I'm thinking in regard to this melodrama on heads and toes, there is a trend currently where clothing is being downplayed to make space for accessories to really set the mood of an outfit. This is nothing new. I think the pendulum has swung back and forth many times over the course of fashion history. But I can feel it in my design process. I feel more inclined to want to keep the clothes simple and make quirky accessories that define the look. It's inappropriate for this class but I think it's and interesting observation for myself, considering I'm not much for wearing many accessories. But I love vintage church hats! I'm excited because now that virtually everyone has been exposed to the Treacy hats, the trickle-down will gain velocity, and big, bold hats will be everywhere! We'll be able to by Treacy-esque knock offs at Claire's before you know it! (I hope!!)

1 comment:

 

ds5: Fashion Design © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates